Monday 16 April 2012

Beautiful Bude

We've been going to Bude to stay in the caravan for about 12 years now, so I think it's definitely time to write a post about it :-)

Although technically it's not my caravan I probably get more use out of it than anyone as I'm much closer and can invade when either my Mum or sister are down, and thats exactly what I did this weekend.

On Friday after work, with a little help from Simon the sat nav, I drove there to enjoy a lazy weekend.

Despite having been there so many times I haven't ever driven there on my own, so it was interesting trying to find our caravan when nobody was in and therefore no car or manic woofers were there to give it away.

After snooping around in what I hoped was our awning I finally found the right one.




It turns out Mum and Steve were out shopping in the local Morrison's for some food for Homer


After trying to eat his way through a loaf of bread, some mince and some raw potatoes he finally noticed me and that obviously meant it was time to play ball....


while Barley sat patiently waiting for some attention. 


That night after some yummy mince, mash and bread - very similar to Homers afternoon snack - Mum and Steve sat there very sociably on their laptops either buying watches or camping stuff. Note to self, next time take the internet dongle!!

The next morning me and Mum headed into Bude...



to check out some of our favourite shops....

Zuma Jay


Wild Wood (didn't even know thats what it's called until I uploaded this picture as we always call it the Wood Shop)



Some of our favourites are filled with absolute crap - but in a good way.... I think!



We also visited the new-ish fabric shop, 'The Remnant House', which I had never been to before but had heard great things about.




After rummaging around for over an hour trying to find fabrics that would go nicely in a quilt I have planned I think I can safely say its a new favourite. So much so I'm already planning a day trip back to pick up some more bargains. What? It's only an hour and a half away!

As if we hadn't done enough shopping we headed to Launceston to have a look around there. 



Mum introduced me to the sad and quite creepy Charlie Bears who look like they've had really bad lives. 

Cant say I'd be happy with any of them on my shelf, the poor Mr Men would be tainted forever. It would be like Mr Happy goes to chav land.



But for some reason mum was taken with them and had bought one earlier in the week. 

Meet Griffin - Mums new bear!!


and some more creepy ones....



Stuff nightmares are made of!

After rooting around the other shops we bought a game from the local charity shop to play that night and some £3 strange gloves for me to use round the camp fire.

Not quite sure what they are supposed to be.




Anyway, after shopping we went to look at the castle.





Where Steve introduced me to the game of taking photos of yourself.


Which quickly turned into taking stupid photos of yourself...and others!




After all this playing about it was time to take the dogs to the beach for a walk. Homer was very excited and couldn't quite contain himself in the car.


Finally we arrived at Northcott beach.... 







... and finally Homer was satisfied. 


We played a bit of hide and seek behind the rocks



and Homer looked very pleased with himself when he found me :-)


But it was all a bit tiring so he decided to have a break and then take himself for a walk back to the car.




On the way back we saw this sign - how to piss off the Cornish hey!


That night after dinner we sat down to play our newly purchased game 'Skribble'. 

The aim of the game is to make the other players guess the word on the card by giving them instructions to draw the word out of shapes.

So a stick man is a circle with a line coming out of the bottom, and a forwards and backward oblisk and a horizontal line across the vertical line - easy see!

Errrr maybe not, took us about five rounds to get going!

But when we did we were brilliant, this is a suitcase and a weigh lifter....


....and a message in a bottle and a zimmer frame?!?!?!




Homer tried his hardest too, but struggled to even read the box.



The game ended when Mum got fed up of Steve getting drunker and drunker and acting like George out of Rainbow. I think he was more like a cross between George and Bungle though, might just be the jumper.


       


The next day saw time for one last visit to the beach, oh and of course we had to have a pasty and a cake too. This time we headed to Widemouth Bay.






Where the woofers played in the sea and sand






Guess the sand tastes a bit funny :-)


And although it was time to go home, I would go back to the other half.....


......as a very happy Christie.




4 comments:

  1. Waaaaah I wanna go to Bude now after looking at this! I have withdrawal symptoms! When can we go?!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I wanna go again. Plus there's loads of stuff we do that I didn't write about - sure Mum will though cos she was there aggggggeeeeessssss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LMB/Christie, you've got a brahma of a story there. Loved every bit of it. Gave me a great thrill as it's nearly 40 years since I last visited the area. It's what memories are made of. Thanks for sharing.

    Keep blogging........regards Aunty Anon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed :-) Got a sewing one coming up next - have been a busy bee you see.

      Oh, you need to go back, thats far too long away from Bude.

      I'll keep blogging if you all keep reading :-D

      xx

      Delete