Sunday 19 February 2012

Bags and bags of Lego!


So you have already seen the Lego Camper Van set I got for Christmas, but I have quite a few other Lego sets hidden away in a box on top of the wardrobe. I like to keep each set separated all neat and tidy, a bit OCD I know, but at least it's nothing like the huge box I had as a child, no random bits of board games, mouldy food or pretend lego in sight.

Although the sets were all separated it wasn't ideal as they were just in carrier bags that are definitely not pokey-bits-of-plastic proof.


Here are some of the sets I have:

Fire Station (7240)
VW Camper Van (10220)
Police Station (7498)
House (4886)
Shark (4506)
Harry Potter Hogwarts Express (4758)
Harry Potter Durmstrang Ship (4768)
Camper (7639)
Medieval Village (10193)
Toy Story Buzz Lightyear (7592)
Toy Story Lotso's Dump Truck (7789)











Oh my I have a lot of Lego, this isn't all of it either - eek! 

I decided it was about time I got the sewing machine back out and put it to good use. After digging through the carrier bags and trying to work out what they all where I figured I would need at least 11 bags in two different sizes. 

Amazingly I found a set that I hadn't built and had forgotten about. It was sitting patiently in the sealed packets inside a carrier bag. Whooooo hoooooooo more Lego to play with after the bags were done :-D

I started making the bags to contain all of this lovely Lego by cutting two pieces of canvas material and attaching each strip to the opposite side of the zip with the material the wrong side up. 






Four zips done, only seven more to go!


After I finished sewing all of the zips on I made sure they were opened and then stitched all around the three open edges on the wrong side.


Then I just had to turn them inside out and stuff them with Lego. 



Here they are all finished, much better for my OCD. They are a bit plain and boring so I might add some embroidery or something on them but not yet......


......as it was time to move on to build the set I had completely forgotten about. This set (5868) is great as you get the instructions to make different creations with the same pieces with varying difficulty levels. Can you tell what I built first?










A ferocious dinosaur :-D



Now to pull it all apart and make the harder creator.....


......a crocodile.




Here he is in action









1 comment: